Juicy marinated chicken topped off with a flavorful mi of tomatoes, onions, and basil. This low carb recipe is delicious!
4 chicken breast around 6 oz each
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 ½ teaspoons of Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon of salt
1 cup of shredded mozzarella
For the Bruschetta:
1 ½ cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
3 cloves of garlic, minced
½ chopped red onion
2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon of olive oil
½ cup of chopped basil (fresh or dried)
½ teaspoon salt
1. Add chicken breast to 9X13 baking dish
2. Add the oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over the chicken and coat both sides.
3. Let chicken set for 10 minutes while the oven heats to 425 degrees.
4. Place chicken in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until it reaches 165 degrees.
5. While the chicken is baking, add all the ingredients for the bruschetta to a bowl and combine.
6. When chicken is cooked through, remove from the oven and top with mozzarella.
7. Pour the bruschetta over the chicken and return to oven for 5 minutes to warm the tomatoes and melt the cheese.
Calories 355, Fat 18g, Carbohydrates 6g, Fiber 1g, Sugar 3g, Protein 45g
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN AND RICE
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
4 skinless chicken drumsticks
2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 teaspoon pepper, divided
3 cups of chopped onion
1 ¼ cups of long-grained rice
3 tablespoon minced garlic
¼ cup of lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or dried
Preheat to 350 degrees
In a 12 inch iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle chicken with 2 teaspoons of salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Working in batches, add chicken to skillet; cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about six minutes. Remove from skillet. Add onion to skillet cooking until lightly browned. Add broth, lemon juice, remaining ½ teaspoon black pepper and stir rice into baking dish. Arrange chicken over rice mixture.
Bake, uncovered until rice is tender and a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of chicken registers 165 degrees about 35 minutes. Let stand, covered for 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
I put lemon slices on top of dish and baked and was delicious. I also baked mine in a glass 9X13 pan.